23 January 2007

The sun is shining...but clouds hang low...

Well 2006 has gone and another year is at our feet once again.

The trip to Indonesia to see my mother's family in November was very therapeutic and humbling. I am making a promise to go and visit more regularly as this time was the first time in 18 years that I had gone there. Unfortunately this time, without my mother although she was with me every step of the way in spirit.

My trip to Kupang has made me understand more about where my mum has come from - not only geographically speaking but also in terms of the challenges she faced in her country as well as when she arrived in Australia. What a culture shock that must have been at the young age of only 26! And she had me at the age of 27.

I am now 29 and turning 30 this year. I wish that mum was here to see me turn 30 and see me enjoying my job. I wish she was here to invite over so that M can cook for her and I can look after her for once.

Dad is doing well and is heading to South India in just under 2 weeks time. This is something he (and I, although I won't be going this time) have always wanted to do in our lives. I pray that he will have a safe journey and return with many wonderful stories and enlightening experiences.


On a lighter note however, I was privileged to be a guest on Dopefiend's weekly Podcast show! A must-listen for all 420-ers out there! If you like music, I highly recommend listening to The Sounds of World Wide Weed too!

The episode (filesize: 39mb) can be downloaded by clicking here.

No comments: